Join Our Team
Watch Our Video
Vacancies & Working With Us
We our underpinned by a strong set of values: Family, No Nonsense, Consistency and Lead on the Front Foot. We support our people personally and professionally. We have a passion for developing people to achieve their goals which is a key motivating factor behind our plans for growth. We have various vacancies such as:
Back of House (BOH) – Sous Chef, Chef de Partie, Commis and Apprentice Chefs
Front of House (FOH) – General Manager, Assistant Managers, Supervisors, Waiting Staff, Apprentice FOH
Some of our current vacancies include:
The Crown & Punchbowl, Horningsea
- Junior Sous Chef
- Chef de Partie
The Tickell Arms, Whittlesford
- Deputy General Manager
- Sous Chef
The Cambridge Chop House
- Assistant Manager
- Front of House team members – full time and part time.
- General Manager
- Front of House team members – full time and part time
- Chef de Partie
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
If you want to find out more or are interested in any of the above then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Family to Family Sign on Bonus!
If our customers refer a family member to one of our restaurants, then both parties will receive £100 each of Cambscuisine Vouchers once the candidate has been employed for three months.
Family to Family Recruitment Referral T&C’s
- For all new hires, joining us from now until 31st Dec 2021
- All job roles included, whether full-time or part-time.
- At either interview or trial shift stage the candidate must confirm to their General Manager that they were referred by a family member and give the name, relationship and contact details of the referrer.
- After three months employment both the employee and referrer will each receive £100 Cambscuisine Vouchers.
- If you are currently employed with us and refer a family member you are not eligible for this scheme and your referral will fall under our employee referral/finders fees policy.
– No nonsense
– Lead on the front foot
To become an outstanding, progressive company with the infrastructure to deliver continuous local business growth through its people.
Catering Employer of the Year
Cambscuisine named Catering Employer of the Year 2020 in annual awards organised by Cambridge Regional College.
Three of our Chefs who went through apprenticeships with CRC say that earning while being in a real-world work setting has been perfect for their learning style.
Jordan Rowney, hopes his chef skills will give him the option to travel, with an ultimate dream of owning his own Michelin star restaurant.
He said: “I had a part time job in a hotel and the head chef asked if I fancied being kitchen porter. That’s when I got a taste for the life of a chef. I loved it. I began doing pastry and then had the chance of an apprenticeship.
“This way of learning means you are not on your own, you have the benefit of more experienced chefs and the background of classroom learning too.”
Reece Alderson, also hopes to travel and become an established head chef. He said: “I studied catering at GCSE level and was entered into a regional contest by my school teachers which I enjoyed.
– 50% Off food at our restaurants for you and a friend and 25% off food if three or more dining.
– GT 365: We reward you on your work anniversary at five, and ten years service.
– Cycle scheme is an HMRC approved salary sacrifice scheme enabling employees to save on the cost of buying a bike for cycling to work.
– Tech Scheme is an HMRC approved salary sacrifice scheme enabling employees to purchase up to £500 on tech equipment.
– Pension: We have an Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme and NEST is our pension provider. All eligible employees are automatically enrolled.
– Staff Christmas Party.
– Recognition Awards: Being recognised by your colleagues is one of the greatest motivators. That’s why everyone has a chance to nominate their colleagues throughout the year for a recognition award. Successful nominations will also be entered into the Annual Awesome Award.
– Apprenticeship Awareness: We encourage our employees to take apprenticeships and support them with a programme of workshops throughout the year. We also have an annual Anise Award which is given to the apprentices who we believe have gone the extra mile in both their studies and at work, along with demonstrating excellent attitude and commitment.
– Charity, Community & Wellbeing: Each restaurant is given two paid days per year to work at their chosen charity. Our Cambscuisine Community Fund was also set up in 2019 and you can find more information about this under our Community Page.
– Wine Trips to the Languedoc Roussillon for Management.
How Are We Going To Achieve It?
– Our Learning Management System, Flow Hospitality is an e-learning platform that allows us to create training journeys tailored to each member of staff.
– Internal and external training courses for all employees.
– Apprenticeships – we actively encourage apprenticeships and are keen to take on apprentices within the company.
– Encouraging employee feedback through regular employee communications and roadshows.
Sunday Times Top 100 Results
In 2018 we applied for the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies To Work For. We are delighted to have been awarded a 2 star accreditation.
This is the second-highest standard of workplace engagement and represents organisations thriving for the top. Achieving a 2 Star accreditation takes a BCI score of at least 696.5, made possible only through an ‘outstanding’ commitment to workplace engagement.